City Architect   +  Rosemary Beach

A Beach House to Remember: Part Four - We're Rolling!
I spent last week in Rosemary Beach working on our fabulous project there.  When I left about a month ago, we hired a contractor to paint, refinish floors and some other light renovating tasks that needed to happen on a fast track.
I was so pleased to see our progress when I returned last week.  My client has a bevy of guests who will be arriving throughout the summer months and our goal is to have the majority installed just prior to the July 4th holiday weekend.  We're right on track!
We lived in upheaval this week with furniture in the kitchen, access to only sections of the house at times, but by week's end this is where we are and I'm so pleased.  I can't wait to get the new upholstery pieces, drapery and remaining art pieces installed.  For now, we are making great progress.Prior to engaging our contractor, this house was decorated in a range of colors that included yellow, red and tealish green.  It was done beautifully a number of years ago but my client was excited to put her own decor aesthetic in place.  We painted the majority of the walls in the main living areas Benjamin Moore's Moonlight White and the trim on the fabulous French Doors Benjamin Moore's Fairview Taupe.  Isn't it beautiful?  I've been shopping too..these amazing pots and piece of furniture were purchased during my last two trips. I was so excited to get everything in place before I left on Friday.This is another view of the family living areas.  We also painted the railings Fairview Taupe to add drama to the central staircase.  It is more beautiful than I could have imagined.  I purchased this chest on my last trip to Rosemary Beach.I spent a day in Panama City at Hobby Lobby, Michael's and TJ Maxx.  What a day?  This vase came from Hobby Lobby.  A true find.I purchased these pots at a precious shop in Seaside last week and found the sticks at no other than Michael's.  The ceramic globe was another Hobby Lobby find.  I procured the piece under the TV on my trip a month ago but we just this week were able to put it in place.  I'm still trying to decide if we are going to tweak it a bit.  Pondering whether to paint the iron parts another color.  Any thoughts?We purchased this lamp at Bohlert-Massey Interiors and the coral and other accessories came from a little gift shop in Panama City, The Carousel (it's inside a grocery store)!  Don't you just love the laid back nature of a beach town?  Click here to visit Bohlert-Massey Interiors.This beautiful lamp was purchased at Shabby Slips in Rosemary Beach.  It's an original lamp a local artist created.  When in its presence, it's mesmerizing!I found this original photograph at a shop in Seaside.  It's a sea urchin.  We are going to lacquer the existing frame white.  I think it will make this beautiful image "float" off the wall.  It hangs over the kitchen island.And this downstairs guest room, you can't imagine the transformation.  Originally, it was painted a deep rusty red with heavy ornate red & green bedding.  We are waiting for our beautiful Leontine Linens to arrive to complete the room.  I chose Benjamin Moore's Hazy Skies as the paint color for this room.  Perfection!I found this beautiful Russian chandelier at Bohlert-Massey Interiors during my last visit.  We hung it last week while I was in town.  It's absolutely exquisite.  I really wanted this room to have a romantic feel that invites you in.  I think we are headed in the right direction.  I can't wait to share the other elements of quiet drama with you when we get it fully installed.I found a pair of these beautiful lamps at Design on the Gulf in Santa Rosa Beach on my last trip.  Click here to visit.  They are perfect for this space.  The little white bone box was a TJ Maxx find.A main feature of the Master Bedroom in this house is the shell fireplace created by a local artist.  When I arrived it was covered up with a huge mirror and glass hurricane sconces.  We removed those and added these unique pieces of pottery.  We are going to use this soft blue color in this room.This fireplace is amazing in person.  The shells have spectacular natural color.  You see something different every time you look at it.  The sign of a true piece of art to me.This chandelier was already in place in the Master Bedroom.  I think we are going to remove the shades and use it with some interesting light bulbs.  Any ideas?
I'll do some more posts later this week about our plans for the Master Bedroom and Guest Bedroom, as well as, finishing touches for the rest of the house.
Please let me know what you think of our progress.  I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.  We'll talk soon.
Gwen
To become a fan of Ragland Hill Social, click here.To subscribe to Ragland Hill Social, click here.To follow Ragland Hill Social on Networked Blogs, click here.To follow on Google, Yahoo or Twitter, click here.