City Architect   +  Idea

And Little Things That Make the Difference
It all started with a problem corner in a client's Dining Room.  After many meetings and much deliberation, I decided it needed two things:  a mirror and a pop of color.  The mirror came easy, we designed it, built it, added a beautiful painted finish and hung it on the wall.And then, we deliberate!  And deliberate!  And deliberate!  I knew I wanted an ottoman or stool to sit in front of this exquisite mirror, but the shape and color, what should it be?  This room is beautiful, special and really almost perfect.  For any of you who do design work you know the finishing touches are always the hardest.
We added these beautiful Saladino chairs at the Dining Room table that are absolute perfection.And then to decide on the color of the ottoman.  It's all about this rug.  Isn't it beautiful?  The colors are magnificent in a quiet way.  We tried every kind of dark green to bluish teal you can imagine.  It just wasn't quite right.  We tried cream, white, shagreen in many colors...not happening.  And then, somewhere it occurred to me that orange could be fabulous.No exaggeration, I think I looked at 100 orange leathers at my studio and brought at least 25 to my client's house.  It came down to one that would work:  Edelman Leather Luxe Calf in Pumpkin.  If you haven't used Luxe Calf before you must immediately find a spot for it.And a close up of this beautiful painted finish by Mrs. Jones Painted Finishes.  Go visit her blog here, you'll be so glad you did.A work in progress at Mrs. Jones' studio.And the finished product.
I'm just sayin', it's the little things that make the difference.  My client is over the moon and so happy to finally have the deliberation behind us and these new jewels perfectly placed.
Hope you have a great week.
We'll talk soon,
Gwen
Images courtesy of Moi & Mrs. Jones' Painted Finishes