City Architect   +  Gwen Driscoll Designs

ACRE: Welcoming YOU Very, Very Soon!
As many of you know, the project we so fondly know as ACRE is almost complete.  It's been an exhilarating project, one that has happened with the hard work and commitment of many, many, MANY special people.
I'm constantly amazed at how truly blessed I am to have such an enormously rewarding job (is it really a job?!? pinch, pinch)!  A fabulous team was assembled, I'm saying it's been four years now, to make this wonderful project a reality.  Starting with Mary & Frank Stanley's vision and determination, ACRE, piece by creative piece, is now ready to open in just another week!
Take a look at this little gem that has now been described as a "tony treehouse", "the Blackberry Farms of Memphis", "another world", "rustic and refined all-in-one", "chic, crusty & just damn cool".  We've traveled hither & yon, stayed up many late nights, spent weekdays and weekends grinding over every little detail and yes, it shows in every nook & cranny.  None of this would have been possible without the amazing partners who now call ACRE home:  Chef Wally Joe & Mary & Frank Stanley.
Each of these truly special people have enriched my life tenfold.  I've learned something new every single day & for that opportunity, I'm really pinching myself!  I'm not sure if other designers feel this way but being stretched to my absolute creative core is the best experience anyone can have.  And this project, my friends, did just that.  I can honestly say, GDD's most amazing team of professionals made this happen & I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.  
More later on the interiors, but for now, enjoy a few snaps of the "acre" & scroll down for what's to come!!!!
ACRE

ACRE

ACRE

ACRE

ACRE

ACRE


ACRE

ACRE

ACRE

ACRE

ACRE

ACRE

And saving the best for last: YUM, sip, sip, YUM!  Wally Joe & Andrew Adams are both not only amazing chefs but some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.  Let's just say, you'll feel like you've stepped into the most comfortable home on planet Earth.   Interiors are one thing but ENERGY is another:  Wally & Andrew bring "IT" to this place.  
Chef, Partner & General Manager Wally Joe
Executive Chef Andrew Adams
This is the one I want!
Click HERE to visit ACRE's new website.And, here's your sneak peak!!!  Come visit.
We'll talk soon.

Gwen