City Architect   +  Idea

Year End Thanks!
I've got to tell you I feel blessed & lucky to have such a fully vibrant business & life.  We've had an amazing year, wrapped up simply projects a designer dreams of & are ready for 2012.
With the opening of Memphis' new culinary destination, ACRE, we've had amazing reviews from people near & far.  It was a project like no other, a dream job & I can't wait to tackle another just like it....waiting for the phone to ring, ding, ding.  Here are a few images for those who haven't had the opportunity to visit.
Custom lights designed by Gwen Driscoll Designs, produced by O'Lampia, New York
It isn't like Roberto Dutesco works of art were undiscovered, but meeting him personally & making these selections from his New York gallery was a highlight of this project
Custom yellow paint mixed for front door, inside & out
As you drive in you know you've arrived at a special place
Stone columns design by Gwen Driscoll Designs inspired by a find in North Carolina
Logo designed by Matt Young, Chung Designs
Lots of rustic wood sets the tone for an earthy, chic experience
Mirror custom designed by Gwen Driscoll Designs, produced by Garner Framing
Twinkle lights on the bar ceiling, lighting from Designlush, New York & School House Electric, Portland, OR
A massive thanks is in order for the team at Gwen Driscoll Designs.  We have an amazing group of people who work hard every day, treat projects as if it's their own & are truly committed to our amazing clients.  More on them later, they get their very own post!And, to all my blog readers & fellow bloggers who visit regularly & give me inspiration to last a lifetime.  I feel lucky to be a part of this amazing community that consists of the absolute best of the best.  I took a blog break mid-year & felt a major void in my life.  Thank you for the many emails or messages begging me to return to Ragland Hill Social.  It showed me my eyes & voice are worthy of a contribution to the World of Blog & that feels good.
I feel honored to be on the blog rolls of Habitually Chic, Pigtown Design, Velvet & Linen, pve, The Adventures of Tartanscot, House of Turquoise, Little Augury, Belgian Pearls, Things That Inspire, Vicente Wolf Blog, The Buzz Blog/Diane James Home, Renee Finberg Tells All, Collage of Life, Traci Zeller Designs, Surroundings, French Heart, Chic Provence, Splenderosa, Splendid Sass, Alexandra D. Foster Destinations Perfected, Nicky Haslam Design, Hampton Hostess, Space for Inspiration, Hampton Toes, Brabourne Farms, My Notting Hill, Providence Ltd Designs, Laura Casey Interiors, Renae Moore Designs, Living It at Home, My Domicile Style, The Visual Vamp & Bayou Contessa, Quintessence, Lime & a Coconut.  With these cheerleaders how could you not feel inspired daily?  If I've forgotten anyone, please forgive me in advance!  Message me & let me know I'm on your blog roll so I can add you to this list.I also spent the last year as a member of Tobi Fairley's Mastermind Group.  I've had great success in focusing on the "business" side of interior design.  Tobi is an amazing force in the interior design field.  She has shown great leadership ability & truly is a master in all things business.  Thanks Tobi!Also many thanks to my great friend, client, business advisor & much more, Jane Scott Hodges, founder of Leontine Linens.  You can see Jane Scott's latest amazing spread in Matchbook Magazine.  You can also visit my website here, to see her fabulous house featured in Elle Decor.  I designed it!  Our daily calls, emails, text messages, etc. have given me a boost when I've needed it & much laughter to treasure.  Our friendship, rooted in youthful memories, has grown into much more & I'm grateful for your support!  Thanks!
NYC for Lucy's 10th Birthday
Well, you know, Roll Tide!

Big thanks are in order to my amazing family, Lucy & Michael. Your daily support & encouragement is irreplaceable & will be forever cherished.  Michael has spent many a night giving me encouragement, listening ears & sound advice when it was much needed.  Thanks Mikey! And, last by not least, to my amazing clients, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.  YOU ARE  truly, treasures!  I love spending time with you each week, can't wait to make your homes special, & feel very lucky to have such a premier group to call my own.
I can't wait to share all the exciting news for our business, now Driscoll Design Group.  We've had amazing growth & a much needed facelift.  We'll be working on getting our website, blog, email, etc. integrated in the coming weeks.  
Here's to a fabulous New Year in the coming days!  Cheers!
We'll talk soon,

Gwen