City Architect   +  Trek

Barcelona: Spirit Free
This amazing flat captured me when I found it on DWELL recently.  Avant-garde & unique, it's home to architect, Benedetta Tagliabue, her two sons, dog & parrot.  Located in Barcelona, Spain, Tagliabue took a dilapidated, 18th century building & renovated it just enough for modern living.  Much of the original architecture was left rusty & crusty allowing it's spirit to remain. My design philosophy is a mix of age & modern touches splashed with a cool vibe.  This combination just feels right to me.  Because the structure is hundreds of years old, Tagliabue left it in tact & added her artistic, modern touches everywhere.  Her free spirit shines here & I love it. You can read the full article & see more amazing images here on DWELL.  Learn more about Benedetta Tagliabue & her world renown architecture firm, EMBT.  And, now, I'm adding Barcelona to my travel list.  It's a must.

We'll talk soon,

Gwen