City Architect   +  Ragland Hill Social

Mom, Do You Remember This?
I still can't believe my Mother let me do this when I was a tween.  See these walls below?  Image after image pulled from magazines covering every square inch...I loved all things fashion including clothes, jewelry, shoes and celebrities of the day that imbued 80's in high-style.  I loved Madonna, Brooke Shields, Prince, Cheryl Tiegs and others I can't recall.  My Mother had my bedroom painted a beautiful pale pink, floral balloon shades, dust ruffle, pillow shams & white iron bed that was perfect for a precious little girl.  
And, then, I struck with my own teenage vengeance & littered it to the high heavens!  It was a first expression of my style in all its glory.  Images below are a great representation of what was there and for those of you who don't know my Mother...I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE SHE LET IT FLY!      And today, Ragland Hill Social, is my own personal image board, inspiration not so much of fashion, but of house and home.  Everything I love is represented here.  When I review the last year, it's so fun to go back through post after post and see the fabulous images that make my heart skip a beat.  Having something that represents all you love in one visual space is quite remarkable. It helps focus your style and energy, another reason I love the world of blog.
Here are some of my new recent faves. Farrow & Ball does it again & again.  Love!Would love to snuggle up here!Pops of yellow & gold.  What could be better?That banquette!  Take a deep breath.The saturated depth of this Entry Hall is phenomenal.This makes me want to paint our bedroom white.  My drapery are identical to this and our bed is very similiar.Yum. Yum.Take me away.What's better than books, books, books?So pretty!No words necessary!Those chandeliers!This might be one of my most favorite covers in years.  Love! This mantle will serve as inspiration for someone's project very soon.  I think I know who!Oh Gloria!Clean refinement.  The juxtaposition of these art pieces is so smart.  Will put in my idea file.Just take me here right now!Some holiday cheer!  How beautiful?
I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend.  I'm off to the races with another busy week starting tomorrow.  I need some elves!  Any volunteers?
We'll talk soon.
Gwen