City Architect   +  Thanksgiving

"How can Thanksgiving be this Thursday?"
I absolutely love the holidays. I'm very lucky to be surrounded by a huge family, not only at holidays, but on a daily basis. I can't believe the season is finally here. Somehow, for me, this year has been going, going and almost gone in a flash. I hope these photographs will inspire you to get in the holiday spirit. I don't have to set our table this year because we are gathering elsewhere. But I love to look at table settings, food, flowers and anything that makes you feel warm and cozy inside. Nothing says that more than a table set for many. I love this orange (almost red) tablecloth with berries, leaves & actually very few flowers. Charming as can be. What is better than candlelight? I love to set a table filled with candles. I've been accused of almost burning the house down! Lovely. Wouldn't this be nice to put in your guest room for your most special family or friends? A unique cornucopia that would be divine on a Dining Room table, Entry Hall console or Kitchen island. This centerpiece is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I love to use Grandmother's silver. It always warms my heart to know how many years we have all been eating with it. For a simple table I love the creative touch of this feather. Couldn't you find those at Michael's, Hobby Lobby or your local craft store? I don't know where this cabin in the woods is but I want to be there on Turkey Day. Eating by the fire is the best. We have a fireplace in our Dining Room and build a fire every chance the weather permits. Very simple. The beauty in these softly colored gourds are enough for me. I also love the pewter plate and rough cut placemat. Magnificent table and Dining Room. This photograph reminds me most of what our Thanksgiving feast will resemble, except add about 3 tables. A traditional cornucopia can always find a home this time of year. And, last but definitely not least, this photograph stole my heart. For everyone who knows me this setting, runner, napkin, flatware and even berries (I have some like them in my yard) are totally Gwen Driscoll. What would I give for this runner? Something big, I'm pondering my options. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope to be back blogging before the week is out. If not, wishing you safety, health and happiness for this holiday season. I'm giving thanks, especially this year, for all my blessings. photos courtesy of Martha Stewart, Sweet Paul, Better Homes & Gardens, Country Living and Southern Accents.