City Architect   +  New York

My Favorite White Things
I hope everyone has enjoyed Ragland Hill Social's "Week of White".  It's been so nice to hear from you through comments on this blog, Facebook and e-mail. A huge thank you to the staff at Gwen Driscoll Designs for keeping all engines running full steam while we fold in some new adventures like the blogosphere.  I couldn't do anything, and I mean anything, without them.

So, on to "My Favorite White Things" for house and home.  I love to shop for clients.  It's my absolute favorite part of my job.  I love the hunt, to look for the perfect piece, sometimes taking longer than necessary because I'm a perfectionist and can't settle for just anything.  The perfect piece doesn't mean it's expensive or fancy, but it does have to be the right look, the right size and the right feel for the space I'm designing.  I tend to mix many different elements so it's not something to be thrown together without thought and mindful decisions.  It's methodical, diligent (bordering on OCD behavior) that creates the right mix for a space.  It's an organic process that evolves as we fold in different elements to create an acquired look for a room or home.  Mix and match is key:  if we have a rustic element in one location there has to be something with a little elegance to balance it in another.  I do believe that this should be left to the professionals.  We do this every day, the RIGHT mix is key and it takes years to hone your skills that aid you in doing an excellent job.  And, in my case, a gift from heaven above for being given an innate talent to know just what is right and what isn't.

DRUM ROLL please!  "My Favorite White Things" are a mix of styles, prices and designs.  I hope you all can find something you love in this list.  Take a look and then go shopping and have a lot of fun!

As most of you know from our give away this week, Leontine Linens are one of my all time faves.  I use them in every project I can because of their special quality and nature.  I like a mix of old and new. Leontine has that perfect vibe.  It's a custom made new item that can be washed and dried just like your favorite white t-shirt, but has the look and feel of a handmade heirloom.  And, the best part is, it can be an heirloom handed down through the generations.  Click here to see all their amazing products.  There is a style, color and price point for every person on planet earth!Leontine Linens embroidered terry hand towelsLeontine Linens embroidered linen hand towelLeontine Linens embroidered placematsLeontine Linens embroidered cocktail napkinsLeontine Linens embroidered bath and hand towels



Next up, who doesn't love Target?  I, for one, can't go without spending at least $100 on things I never knew I needed in the first place.  Target has partnered with some amazing designers to produce quality products at perfect prices.  I've included a couple I thought were great.  Click here to visit on-line.Victoria Hagan Perfect Pieces Beach Tones Print from Target (32"W x 31"H)


Cream Cable Knit Throw Pillow from Target (18" x 18")

Large Glass Vase from Target


Jayson Home & Garden has become a go to source for the design industry.  They have a great on-line website to browse through for days.  If only I had 25 houses to call my own could I find a spot for everything I love at Jayson.  We use their products in our design work and they never disappoint.  Click here to shop on-line.Corinthian Square Planter from Jayson Home & Garden (20"H x 13.5"W)Vintage Wallpaper Lamp with Burlap Shade from Jayson Home & Garden (35"H)Vintage Wallpaper Lamp from Jayson Home & GardenVintage Wallpaper Lamp from Jayson Home & Garden



A New Orleans favorite, Perch-Home.  Many times only big retailers have on-line shopping sites that have professional, big pictures you can see, pricing, dimensions and description so you can just say yes!  Perch has a great on-line shopping site, one I go to often in search of great finds.  I've chosen just a few of my favorites.  Click here to go shopping.Vintage Mattahedeh Italian Bowl from Perch (7.5"H x 14.5"W x 6.375"D)

Paper mache Antelope with flowers on horns from Perch (27"H x 14"W x 21"D)

Peony Pillow from Perch
Box of White Butterflies from Perch


Chic & Classic Louis Chair from PerchPorcelain Moose Horn from Perch-Home (19.5"W x 8"H x 17.5"L)

Call Gwen Driscoll Designs if this loveseat or chair is for you.  We can order it up in your most favorite fabric choice and have it delivered straight to your door.  Now, how's that for service?  It's a beauty.Grace Loveseat from Allan Knight to the trade (72"W x 35"D x 40"H))Palm Beach Host Chair from Allan Knight to the trade (28"D x 31"W x 46"H)

And, DOXA Home is another favorite on-line haunt where I can find wonderful things to take a room from blah to aah!  I've chosen a few but it's worth a stop by Jaime Rogers' website to see everything else she has to offer.  Carve out some time though, you'll be there a while.  Click here to start shopping.Chancellor Iron and Marble Bar from DOXA Home (29.5"H x 32"W x 17"D)

Gesso French Chandelier from DOXA Home (37"H x 28"D)Studded Grasscloth Table from DOXA Home, also available in black (18"W x 28"D)



I love white umbrellas in the summertime.  Santa Barbara Designs has the most unusual and interesting umbrellas I've ever seen.  I wish I could have one of every design.  Click here to shop on-line.The Santa Barbara Umbrella by Santa Barbara Designs


Pottery Barn is another umbrella resource.  And, if you live in Memphis, we have a great Pottery Barn outlet that has bargains galore.  Click here to start shopping.Vivre is another great stop for everything including your home.  I love these fun and funky pieces.  I can't do anything that doesn't have a little something to make you giggle.  Click here to go have some fun.Deer Skull with Crystal Antlers from Vivre (24-30"H x 16-24"W)

Estelle Sconce from Vivre (11.5"W x 11.5"H x 4"D)

Williams Sonoma Home always has great finds.  I love this lamp that comes in two sizes.  Click here to visit on-line.Alabaster Block Lamp from Williams Sonoma Home (6"W x 3.5" D x 20"H)Alabaster Block Lamp from Williams Sonoma Home (11"W x 3.25"D x 18"H)



I'm still trying to find the perfect location for an Amanda Talley painting at my house.  Lately, I've thought, maybe my bedroom?  Look at this beauty.  I think it may have a touch of pink but Amanda can always do something just for you in the size and colors of your choice.  And, she has a great blog too.  Click here to visit her blog and here to visit her art.Painting by Amanda Talley

Who doesn't love Brooke at Velvet & Linen?  Her blog is fabulous and I can't wait to visit her store in Los Angeles some day soon.  These are just a few great finds at Giannetti Home.  Click here to visit her blog and here to visit her store.Linneas Light Candle from Giannetti HomeBaluster Dining Table from Giannetti Home (42-72"D x 30"H)Gustavian Barrel Back Chairs from Giannetti Home (22.4"W x 23.6"D x 32.7"H)Gustavian Barrel Back Chairs from Giannetti Home Gustavian Barrel Back Chairs from Giannetti Home Gustavian Settee Circa 1910 from Giannetti Home (79.5"W x 26.4"D x 35"H)Gustavian Settee Circa 1910 from Giannetti HomeGustavian Settee Circa 1910 from Giannetti Home


I stopped in Flair New York while in the city recently.  They now have a fabulous on-line shopping website that features all the special items in their store.  Go visit their on-line store here.Parchment Globe Lamp from Flair NewYork (14"Dia. x 17"H base, overall height 25.5")Vintage Male Nude Sculpture Circa 1950's, Italy (10.5"L x 7.5"D x 10"H)Square Ivory Bone Tray from Flair New York (16"L x 16"D x 3"H)



Oil Portrait of Young Man in Custom White Frame from Flair New York (24.5"H x 21"W)

Rarely do I travel to New York and not visit Amy Perlin.  The shop is fabulous and on-line shopping even better because you don't have to travel to visit.  Click here to peruse all the phenomenal finds.  Here are just a few I picked out for today.Italian Brass & Frosted Glass Lantern, Circa 1960's from Amy Perlin (35.5"H x 16"W x 16"D)Italian Brass & Frosted Glass Lantern, Circa 1960's from Amy PerlinPair of Travertine Lamps decorated with incised concrete circles, French Circa 1960's, 12" H x 12" W from Amy PerlinTravertine Lamps from Amy PerlinTravertine Lamps from Amy Perlin



Don't forget about John Rosselli Antiques & Decorations.  The showroom is in the same building as Amy Perlin in New York.  Beautiful things everywhere you turn and a great staff to help you along the way.  Click here to visit on-line.Indian Bone Chest of Drawers with Penwork Detail from John Rossell Antiques & Deocorations (28"W x 17.75"D x 33.5"H)Antique Jacobean Chest in a Pickled Finish from John Rosselli Antiques & Decorations (39"W x 22"D x 38"H)Antique Jacobean Chest in a Pickled Finish from John Rosselli Antiques & DecorationsIndian Glove Box from John Rosselli  (26"W x 11" D x 6.25" H)


When you're in Atlanta next, be sure to stop by A. Tyner Antiques to visit their showroom of beautiful painted furniture and awesome accessories.  Click here to visit on-line.  I love William, the showroom manager, an old friend who I've known for years from shopping in Atlanta.  He is a wealth of knowledge regarding all things beautiful.Swedish Clock from A. Tyner Antiques 22.5"W x 9.25"D x 78.5"HBeautiful Accessory from A. Tyner Antiques (Click here to see how I used one in a project)Yua Money Accessory from A. Tyner Antiques



Oh, and make sure you go to Jacqueline Adams while in Atlanta too.  The furniture and accessories are divine.  Click here to shop on-line.Early 19th Century Dutch Deux Corps from Jacqueline Adams (75"W x 24.5"D x 94"H)Early 19th Century Dutch Deux Corps from Jacqueline AdamsEarly 19th Century Dutch Deux Corps from Jacqueline Adams

Another great on-line resource is Z Gallerie.  Especially for those of us who don't have a Z Gallerie store in our midst.  I always find great things at great prices for clients.  Click here to visit on-line.Cocktail Napkins from Z Gallerie



White Ceramic Imperial Horse from Z Gallerie 21"H

Call Gwen Driscoll Designs if these beautiful painted pieces are something you love.  We can take care of all your decorating and design needs.  A fun and friendly staff helps get the job done.  Wish I could say to "click here" to visit our website but it's still in production, to be revealed in the near future.Berkshire Cabinet from Richard Mulligan to the trade (63.5"W x 24.5"D x 91"H)Mama Bear Barstool from Richard Mulligan to the trade (21"W x 28"D x 42.5"H)Cunningham Console from Richard Mulligan to the trade (87"W x 21"D x 33"H)


I hope you've had fun shopping today, it's my favorite past time for sure.  I'm off to Nashville for the weekend with college girlfriends and I can't wait.  I'll reveal the big winner of the Leontine Linens hand towels on Monday.  Remember, comments count for today too.  I'd love to hear your feedback on my list, what you like and what you don't.

I've got a great "It's a Small Blog-World" post coming up next week featuring Linda Merrill of Surroundings and The Skirted Roundtable.  She's a true talent in design and a phenom in the world of blog!

We'll talk soon.

Gwen

Images courtesy of Leontine Linens, Gwen Driscoll Designs, Pottery Barn, Jayson Home & Garden, DOXA Home, Gianetti Home, John Rosselli Antiques & Decorations, Amy Perlin, Vivre, Z Gallerie, A. Tyner Antiques, Jacquelyn Adams, Williams Sonoma Home, Target, Perch-Home, Santa Barbara Designs, Amanda Talley, Flair New York