City Architect   +  Interiors

It's A SMALL Blog-World: Belgian Pearls

Image courtesy of Belgian Pearls
Please meet Greet Lefevre of the fabulous blog, Belgian Pearls.  I have been reading Greet's blog since she started it in July of this year.  Her phenomenal taste and beautiful images have inspired me from day one.  Greet, along with her brother pictured here, run a fourth generation cabinetmaking business, Lefevre Interiors.  Their work is top-notch, has beautiful detail and classic style.  I feel very lucky to call Greet a friend and only look forward to many other great posts from Belgian Pearls.  I'm sure it will be a must read for you once you have been properly introduced, so it is my honor:  Greet Lefevre of Belgian Pearls.

Image courtesy of Belgian Pearls
Question 1.  Where did you grow up and where do you live now?



I grew up in Wielsbeke, a little town in Belgium (Flemish-speaking part of Belgium) and now I live in a town, called Brakel, situated in a wonderful Belgian region, called the Flemish Ardennes.

Image courtesy of Belgian Pearls

Question 2.  What is your profession?
I am an interior designer.

Image courtesy of Belgian Pearls

Question 3.  Why did you start your blog?
The first reason to start a blog was the fact that I wanted to share my passion for interior design and all things beautiful and to express my design ideas from time to time. I love to hear what other people think about it. You can learn a lot of other people's ideas when blogging.
I discovered that a lot of people, mostly American people, were very interested in Belgian Design! So this was the second reason to start my own Belgian blog.

Image courtesy of Belgium Pearls

Question 4.  What do you like most about blogging?
I love to meet and to interact with people from all over the world. You can learn a lot of the cultural background from people from all these different countries!

Image courtesy of Belgium Pearls
Question 5.  What is the most valuable thing you've gained from blogging?


In general, blogging, is a wonderful medium to meet people and to make a lot of new friends and, for me in particular, I have gained so much new information about designers, manufacturers, products from all over the world.

Image courtesy of Belgium Pearls
Question 6.  How long have you been blogging?
I started my blog, Belgian Pearls, in July this year after reading other blogs for about a year.

Image courtesy of Belgian Pearls
Question 7.  How many new friends do you have because of your blog?
Oh my goodness, I have a lot of new friends!  With some of them I feel there is a real bond of friendship growing.  It feels like I've known them for a long time.  Can you imagine?!

Yes, Greet, I can imagine.  I feel the same way.  My best gift of learning about this new world of blog is all my talented and wonderful friends.  I feel like I've come home to a long lost family.

We'll talk soon.

Gwen