City Architect   +  Velvet and Linen

It's A SMALL Blog-World: Velvet & Linen
Another favorite read of mine in the blog-world is Velvet & Linen.  Meet Brooke Giannetti, one-part of the fabulous design duo, Brooke & Steve Giannetti.  Brooke is based in Los Angeles, author of one of the best design blogs ever, an incredible interior designer and married to notable architect, Steve.Steve was just honored by Veranda magazine as being part of "Defining Design" along with Darryl Carter and Nancy Corzine.  Brooke and I have become good friends through her blog, Velvet & Linen.  I love reading it and seeing images of her beautiful projects.  As a design enthusiast, I can honestly say, it's one of the most inspiring blogs to read.  You can visit Velvet & Linen by clicking HERE or listen to an interview of her on The Skirted Roundtable podcast by clicking HERE.  Brooke was also gracious enough to take time out of her busy schedule and answer a few questions for me.  Rest assured a visit to Velvet & Linen is worth your time. Enter with caution, you will be peeling yourself away from the computer hours later.Image of Brooke's House

Question 1.  Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I actually grew up 5 miles from where I live now! I went to college in Santa Barbara for a year, but otherwise I've always lived in LA.Image of Brooke's House

Question 2.  What is your profession? Interior Designer, Store Owner,  Mom, Wife.
Image of Brooke's House

Question 3.  Why did you start your blog? We were staying at our home in Channel Islands Harbor in Oxnard last year and Steve and my friend Mary told me that I should start a blog. I loved the idea of using the blog as an on line journal. I had no idea anyone would ever read it.
Image of Brooke's House

Question 4.  What do you like most about blogging? The connections to other design obsessed people. I have made some incredible friendships.
Image of Brooke's House

Question 5.  What is the most valuable thing you've gained from blogging? I think there are two aspects of blogging that I cherish: the friendships with other bloggers and also having a place to further develop my design philosophy. 
Image of Brooke's House

Question 6.  How long have you been blogging? One year 3 months.
Image of Brooke's House

7.  How many new friends do you have because of your blog? Too many to count!
Image of Brooke's House

I'll be back tomorrow with holiday posts galore.  Have a great day!

We'll talk soon.

Gwen

Images courtesy of Velvet & Linen